Systems of control, regulation and excitation for heavy current and high voltage applications
- appropriately designed control system of a power and heat generating unit (DCS, PCS) can discover and utilize hidden power and financial reserves of technological processes through control strategy optimization
- financial savings archived by optimum coal or gas burning directly reflect in revenues by saving resulting from unburned fuel
- in addition the thermally stressed parts are subject to less wear and tear
- the control systems help to achieve maximum performance with minimized consumption of media
- modern digital technologies of control systems include diagnostic and self-diagnostic features
- minimization of plant outages by anticipation and prevention of failures
- reduction of secondary damage to parts
- modern platforms of DCS and PCS include powerful regulation subsystems capable of adaptive control, application of predictive or fuzzy regulators
- application of computer visualization of power generating and technological processes results in simplification of work of operators and achievement of high reliability of controlled processes
- Modern semiconductor elements used for generator excitation systems and their microprocessor control result in the fact that these powerful application may become part of technological IT systems - i.e. HMI, SCADA.
Information mediated by modern digital control systems may be used as inputs for planning and analysis in ERP/MRP systems.
- EUAS, Turkey
- Třinecké Železárny, Czech Republic
- Uzbekistan 8.9 MW